An epistle



Miss Deepti Sreeram
Hyderabad


Dearest Nahid,
This is an episode. These are episodes.
An episode in a water tight compartment.
Nahid,
Sit by that dresser,
Comb your hair next to my bed,
Throw that wrapper on my floor.
No, I am not needy.
It is just that, Why don't you?

So, it rained yesterday.
I was writing,
Letter was so wet.
No, Not to you. Not that needy.
But, why don't you write to me?

Nahid,
Do you have that kajal with you?
The one that smudges.
I hate it.
But, smudge it more. You look beautiful.
Why don't you?

Mild body lotion bottle in my dustbin,
Scent of that wretched lemon grass.
It was always on me,
Night, day, noon, bus, chair, shelf.
You still have it. I know.
Don't you?

When will you reply?
When will you come for me?

This being an episode,
Episodes built upon daydreams,
Where you are a part of me,
I am signing off.

But, why don't you,(needy am I?)
Come out. Will you?
Yours truly,
When you come.


0 comments:

Post a Comment