Ocean


Ch Navakanta Mishra

chnavakantamishra@gmail.com
Bhubaneswar

Looking for the Ocean,
have roamed on long voyages,
across the seven seas,
across extensive expanse
of infinitesimal waters and lands,
across nations, mountains, plains,
forests, deserts, beaches, river banks…
But couldn't see, couldn't see.

Have looked for the ocean 
in the brilliance of full moonlit nights,
in the burning heat of noons in mid-simmers..
But nowhere was visible,
“The Ocean”,
or her blue dancing waves of exhilaration.
Men, women, birds, animals, insects,
whomsoever I saw,
I took to be the expansive Ocean.

Saw her extended silhouette in the sky,
saw in the clouds her liquid empire,
in dreams and wakefulness,
I beckoned beseechingly,
I invoked her- “The Ocean”.

My shrill calls for her,
has sheared the wind,
has made cry out sleeping birds,
in their shredded nests….
But she has been hidden,
in the borders of horizon.

Now after so many years,
did I see the Ocean.!
Yes, I saw the Ocean,
in a deserted corner of my village,
giving out everything of her….
With no expectation of anything,
anything at all,
in return..
Ocean lies alone,
yes, Ocean lies alone,
in a corner of my village,
on a deserted blue mattress….

0 comments:

Post a Comment